Skip to content

General

Thank you for taking an interest in improving ServiceNow.

This UserVoice site has been deprecated and we would recommend that you engage with ServiceNow via the ServiceNow Community site: http://community.servicenow.com/

General

Categories

65 results found

1. Need to be able to add custom applications and new words to the dictionary and spell checker

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Example: Just today I wanted to be able to compare the date that an incident was due to the date that the incident was actually completed (to determine how many incidents were completed on time).

Currently, in order to accomplish this I have to do one of two things -- I can either grab all the incidents and loop through them comparing them in javascript -- or I can create a new field on the table to store the value, create a business rule to fill this value on insert/update, and run a background script to populate past values.

Could/should…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow rich text and HTML formatting to be added to Comments and worknotes to feed journalled fields to enable retention of formatting, inline images etc on log creation from forms, emails etc. Although there are 'solutions' for doing this, they are currently unsupported by SN support and implemented at the customers risk. Plain text in the 21st century really isn't good enough!

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like an option to print workflows or to export them to MS Visio

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. By default, if you use the 'remember me' functionality, the cookie stored in your pc is set to expire in 2078. There's not cookie manager in the system or property to change it. Since we use LDAP authentication, this is not effective. We want the users to re-authenticate after their password has expired.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow resizing of columns in list view "a-la-Excel" style. Whilst we are on the subject, why not the row resize too!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A number of new or enhanced service catalog variable types would be really useful for us (and I hope others):

For reference fields, add AJAXTableCompleter functionality. (It's really infuriating that we can do this in, say, Incident's caller field but not in a reference type catalog variable. Use case: you try finding the user you want out of our nearly 80000 many of whom have duplicated names).

Also for reference catalog variables the ability to use the tree_picker functionality that we can already use on a regular form would be great. Use case: selecting a department from our tree of…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. • Overview: Knowledge articles often may be logically categorized into multiple topics / categories. By restricting the selection to a single topic / category, we reduce the chances of articles being found via browsing. Also, in many cases, we wish to “highlight” articles in News even though the article actually belongs in a specific topic or category. If we post multiple copies, we multiply the work required if we need to update the articles and increase the chance of the copies getting out of sync and providing conflicting information.
    • For example, we have a news article on what to…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. URL shortening is currently supported only for IE. Recently I faced the issue of records not opening because the URL generated is prettly big in Firefox and Chrome. It is not happening in IE because URL shortening is supported for IE.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Developers with experience querying relational databases using SQL can tell you that pulling and joining data is far easier using SQL syntax than using a Web GUI (fine for beginners but very slow and tedious compared to typing a query for those who know SQL) or having to define the query with Glide commands in code (very limited compared to SQL, ie no joins, cross-tab, etc.)

When googling around to see if it was possible I came across the gs.sql command, which seems to be an unofficial way to query ServiceNow with SQL-like syntax, for example
    gs.sql("select count(*) from incident");

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Enhance the BSM Map functionality so that relationships can visually show more meaning. For instance, if there is a relationship of 'sends data to' then display the line in the BSM map as a different format or color (should be customizable).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Currently, when any request is submitted, all requests in cart are also submitted, even if they are not complete.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to export directly to a .xlsx file and make imports from Project 2010 to ServiceNow.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now the Report Editor allows users to select any table and any column on that table. In reality, there are really only a handful of tables and on those tables, only a limited set of columns that are really needed for reporting. Many tables and columns are used for system purposes. By allowing this designation, it would provide a simpler interface to anyone writing reports.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When using group by I would like to also say do not show records with count >=1.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can you imagine you have you're email client synced up with service-now's rss for incidents and you see em that way additionally if the calendars had an ical format most email clients can import that as a calendar and would change with it.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. It's hard to create cubes or pivot table with only preset list of tables, This will be useful for custom tables .

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. The Javascript Editor plugin was an awesome enhancement for helping to keep you in the tool while developing/writing scripts. I think a great improvement along these same lines would be to offer the same type of solution for the XML fields throughout the system (UI Pages, Macros, etc.)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently when an outlook MSG file is sent into Service-Now from an email it corrupts and becomes unreadable. Would be great if this format was supported.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4