Skip to content

General

Thank you for taking an interest in improving ServiceNow.

This UserVoice site has been deprecated and we would recommend that you engage with ServiceNow via the ServiceNow Community site: http://community.servicenow.com/

General

Categories

65 results found

1. The current layouts for kb and reports are very rigid. kb allows for 1 organization method and a choice of columns. Reports are organized by scope first and table second, splitting relevant reports for users into two sections with NO ability to organize or control the layout.
    Suggested change - make these work more like UI pages with flexible layout options and, for reports, the ability to overlay an alternate organization method.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like the ability to automatically populate user groups based on user defined criteria. This way, the entitlement for services is much easier than all entitlement scripting.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. 3.6. Target Groups and Roles for permissioning of knowledge articles and reports
    • Overview: The permissioning model for knowledgebase articles (and reports and tasks) is missing a key component, which limits its flexibility, especially in cases where the population of users is large and diverse. Currently, permissions are defined in terms of a Securable Object + Role + permission level. Adding the intersection of group membership will allow administrators to target content not only to broad populations of users based on role but also to individual groups while preventing the necessity of creating numerous extra roles to represent various groups.…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Right now the Report Editor allows users to select any table and any column on that table. In reality, there are really only a handful of tables and on those tables, only a limited set of columns that are really needed for reporting. Many tables and columns are used for system purposes. By allowing this designation, it would provide a simpler interface to anyone writing reports.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3.3. Expand Advanced Search capabilities
    • Overview: Search by affected product, publish date ranges, domain, company. Allow passing of company / domain in query string parameters.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4.4. Summary Only reports
    • Overview: With list reports, often the most valuable information (and the point of running the report) is to get the totals information at the end. With very large reports exported to PDF or Excel, the report cuts off before that point.
    • Suggested Change: Allow an override for list reports to exclude details.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, I can put a glide list on my form so that users can select multiple values, but I can not make the glide list field a mandatory field.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Right now the Report parameters are rendered at the top of the Report when you select the Report. It would be nice to have a View/Run option that simply Runs the report and shows the output. If a user wants to customize the report, then perhaps a UI Action to trigger the Report Parameters to show up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. When you have a scripted Metric Definition, it is often necessary to compare the previous value of the field to the current value. Just like within a business rule you have a Previous Glide Record and a Current Glide Record to compare.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The View and Use counts for KM are either 30 day rolling totals, or incremental from day 1. The only way I can see if use of the tool is up or down is to schedule count reports to run (weekly and monthly), then import the numbers into excel, line up the articles and subtract the prior totals. Use of the KB is a critical component to monitor, especially when trying to justify the tool and the staff to support it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you have built a Custom Chart, there is no simple way to have users select this chart to run. Right now the only option I can see is to create a Application Module that specifically renders that report, or add it to a homepage. Seeing it on the View/Run Report page would be ideal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you imagine you have you're email client synced up with service-now's rss for incidents and you see em that way additionally if the calendars had an ical format most email clients can import that as a calendar and would change with it.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. It's hard to create cubes or pivot table with only preset list of tables, This will be useful for custom tables .

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. We are getting many new Sub recordscreated, frequently because of confusion as to what it is. I have 150+ open records, most of which will need to be "closed - cancelled". Instead of having to work each one individually, I would like the ability to flag multiple records to be actioned at the same time.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. I can schedule reports, but I can't see when I scheduled them for. Seems simple enough to show what I have submitted thus far.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Right now, related fields can be use in filters, you should add it in columns of list as well so users can see the values.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be useful to link Knowledge articles together whereby a relationship can be formed between one or more 'similar' articles. This information could then be displayed, as a minimum, at the bottom of a Knowledge view (along side feedback etc) so that the reader can see similar articles (rather than just articles with a common search result).
    Ideally what would be better is to allow the Service Desk to embed a variable in the article text itself that automatically expands to show 'similar' articles. This would allow the author to format the way this info is shown!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like to add an approver to requests and other types of tasks but I don't always know what role or that field may not be populated. In particular, the manager field is rarely populated in my user database because of the way our AD users are created.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Example: Just today I wanted to be able to compare the date that an incident was due to the date that the incident was actually completed (to determine how many incidents were completed on time).

Currently, in order to accomplish this I have to do one of two things -- I can either grab all the incidents and loop through them comparing them in javascript -- or I can create a new field on the table to store the value, create a business rule to fill this value on insert/update, and run a background script to populate past values.

Could/should…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently fields of type glidedate do not take into account time or timezone when they are saved within SNC. If you have customers and operators of SNC in different timezones fields of glidedate can display the incorrect date for a particular user because their timezone does not match that of the person who created the record. This would be a really cool enhancement!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)